Orion power inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Last weekend my triple-l orion BC power inflator had run away inflation. I managed to get the LP hose disconnected and regained control and finished the dive, but needless to say i want to resolve this before going out again (next weekend :D). I took of the inflator piece and have tried to clean it out. Soaked it in water, and am currently trying soaking the piece in a vinegar/water solution to dissolve any salt deposits. But so far nothing has worked (i've tested it by blowing into the LP hose connector to see if the air comes out the other opening). Anyone have any other ideas for cleaning/fixing the piece? Or if i have to replace it can i just get a new power inflator? Would other brand inflators fit my orion?

EDIT: Actually the vinegar bath seems to have fixed the problem. Must have had salt build-up. My questions still stand though because i'd like to have a spare power inflator in my save-a-dive kit in case it's not sso easy to fix next time.

Thanks!
Chris

You might try contacting scubal (formerly triple-l) and see about picking one up from them if you want a spare. Often they will sell parts, but you have to contact them directly as they don't advertise them online, and their prices are quite reasonable.

Checking with your lds is another possibility...

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom