Zeagle Ranger/Brigade/Stiletto Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdiaz

Registered
Reaction score
It is my understanding the Zeagle Brigade available through ScubaToys is a Ranger backpack fitted with Escape wings.

I'm interested in the heavier duty reinforced 1000 denier nylon construction of the Stiletto. The questions are:

1. Does the Stiletto a use the same backpack as the Ranger? If not, what are the differences?

2. If the Stiletto backpack is different from the Ranger, is it possible to buy a Ranger backpack fitted with the heavy duty Stiletto wings? If so, is color customization available?

Scott, I might suggest a table on your web site explaining the differentiation of your product offering.

hdiaz:
It is my understanding the Zeagle Brigade available through ScubaToys is a Ranger backpack fitted with Escape wings.

I'm interested in the heavier duty reinforced 1000 denier nylon construction of the Stiletto. The questions are:

1. Does the Stiletto a use the same backpack as the Ranger? If not, what are the differences?

2. If the Stiletto backpack is different from the Ranger, is it possible to buy a Ranger backpack fitted with the heavy duty Stiletto wings? If so, is color customization available?

Scott, I might suggest a table on your web site explaining the differentiation of your product offering.

hdiaz,

1. No it's not the same backpack, but it fits and adjusts the same. It's much lighter and better for travel, but it can't adapt to double tanks later on.

2. Yes it's possible to put the streamlined Stiletto bladder on a standard Ranger harness. If so, color is not an option, it's all black. If you order a custom Ranger harness, made of the same material as the Stiletto, then almost every color is available, except on the bladder.

Consider your needs in a BC carefully before making decisions. You can't undo most of them, even with a versatile company like Zeagle.

Chad

hdiaz:

Yes, you may!! :wink:

There are printable .pdf files for every BC, which tell you the basics about it. YOu scuba shop - either LDS or online - should be able to help you choose the BC that is right for you.

The Bridage is basically a Ranger with a roll up pocket added to the vest, a lightweight 35lb bladder, and the Scuba Toys exclusive "Brigade" patch.

Good luck with your selection!!!

Scott

ScottZeagle:
The Bridage is basically a Ranger with a roll up pocket added to the vest, a lightweight 35lb bladder, and the Scuba Toys exclusive "Brigade" patch.

Good luck with your selection!!!

Scott

So Larry splurged and is now having the Brigade patch added...boy I feel cheated now!! :D

crpntr133:
So Larry splurged and is now having the Brigade patch added...boy I feel cheated now!! :D

Yea, you got one of the first few before Scott had the patches done. I'd be proud of that... collectors item one day... And if you got a few weeks when you're not diving, send me the shoulders, and I'll have a patch put on... or I can send it to you if you think you've got someone to install it.

Back to the original question... Here's the decision to make between Brigade and Stiletto, Do you want a sturdier bladder, or a sturdier harness. The overall weight, packing ability etc is virtually identical. The way I look at it, I like the extra roll down pocket, the Brigade Harness is wider in the shoulders so it distributes the weight better for me, and as far as getting a sturdier bladder... We have yet to replace one escape. Brigade or zena bladder... ever. And we are the largest, highest volume dealer in the state... maybe in the country. If not the biggest... I'm sure we're in the top 3. So with the number of Brigades, Zenas and Escapes we've sold... and Scott can give me that number, but I know it's in the 1000's... We have never once... nadda, had a bladder that leaked. So then the question... "why make it heavier?"

I'd rather have that heavier material in the harness, larger shoulders, wider d-rings, the ability to put on a ranger bladder later, or a tech, or a big bertha, etc, the ability to switch to doubles... and on...

But mind you... I've got no problem selling someone a Stiletto! We see one virtually every day... we'll just sell Brigades about 10 - 1 over them, especially when people come in and touch, compare, feel...

scubatoys:
Yea, you got one of the first few before Scott had the patches done. I'd be proud of that... collectors item one day... And if you got a few weeks when you're not diving, send me the shoulders, and I'll have a patch put on... or I can send it to you if you think you've got someone to install it.

I'm proud of my Brigade with or without the patch,it's made in America!! Larry, I have a concern about the patch. If I have one put on will it screw of my SAC rate? :D :wink: Gotta stay stream line you know.

BTW, duck here comes Rita!

crpntr133:
I'm proud of my Brigade with or without the patch,it's made in America!! Larry, I have a concern about the patch. If I have one put on will it screw of my SAC rate? :D :wink: Gotta stay stream line you know.

BTW, duck here comes Rita!

It is not a coincidence that Brigade had lower letters than Stiletto. The tops of the t's and l's add a lot of water resistance on their patch over mine. :D

scubatoys:
It is not a coincidence that Brigade had lower letters than Stiletto. The tops of the t's and l's add a lot of water resistance on their patch over mine. :D

But Brigade has all those round bulbous letters were as Stiletto has mostly long and thin letters. I'm really concerned. :wink:

Ok funny guys....

I just had a customer call and request a Stiletto with no patch!!!

He says he read online that the patch adds more drag - and he wants to be as streamlined as possible!!??

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom