exd backplates, wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
a lds is bringing in exd backplates and wings. they are from germany. they seem pretty ok and their prices are 25% cheaper than the more famous bp/wings out there. anyone hear of this brand?

Spoon:
a lds is bringing in exd backplates and wings. they are from germany. they seem pretty ok and their prices are 25% cheaper than the more famous bp/wings out there. anyone hear of this brand?

When I was looking for my setup, I had seen on the German Ebay "Extreme Diving" wings and other tech. equipment. They call their wings "EXD":
http://stores.ebay.de/Xtrem-Diving_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I found they had a striking resemblence (although not identical) with OMS Wings. And colors red and black. And they have a big fat label that has a "Made in USA" sign.

However, prices were not so great, especially not for ebay:
340EUR is ~410US$ at current rate...

Haven't had them, so that's all I know. But they are most likely made in the same factory some of the known US brands use.
I would also check whether service items like valves are interchangeable with US brands. I would be surprized if they were not, as most of the brands use similar stuff.

So if your local price is good, and they look well made (seams, weight of material, details), I don't see why you shouldn't buy them.

d-s-f

deepseafalcon:
When I was looking for my setup, I had seen on the German Ebay "Extreme Diving" wings and other tech. equipment. They call their wings "EXD":
http://stores.ebay.de/Xtrem-Diving_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I found they had a striking resemblence (although not identical) with OMS Wings. And colors red and black. And they have a big fat label that has a "Made in USA" sign.

However, prices were not so great, especially not for ebay:
340EUR is ~410US$ at current rate...

Haven't had them, so that's all I know. But they are most likely made in the same factory some of the known US brands use.
I would also check whether service items like valves are interchangeable with US brands. I would be surprized if they were not, as most of the brands use similar stuff.

So if your local price is good, and they look well made (seams, weight of material, details), I don't see why you shouldn't buy them.

d-s-f

i agree they are identical to the oms and i think they are made by the same company. a friend of mine has the eclipse and he swears that they ride exactly the same! i might consider one of there alum bps.

Back
Top Bottom