More BP/wing; Halcyon vs Oxycheq

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drew52

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi guys I know its another one but having now decided it's definately the BP/wing I want to know about these 2 brands as they are easily available in SA. Which means easier to sort out if there are problems.

Please let me know your thoughts on which is better. I know its just an opinion but if I get enough of them I can make a more informed decision.

If not better then perhaps the pro's and con's of each brand.

Thanks

Andrew

I can't comment on the Halcyon other than saying when I did my research the opinions I got were that Oxycheq was preferred over Halcyon. I have Oxycheq single and doubles wings. Both are great wings. I like the donut shape vs the horseshoe shape concept, but I've never dived with horseshoe. I just like the ease of being able to purge the wing no matter where the air is. Oxycheq wings are low profile creating good trim. The fill and vent easy.

I use an Oxy30 single wing and a Halcyon55 doubles wing...I can't see any huge differences in one brand over the other in terms of quality or design.

I've used both. Both are excellent products. I own a Halcyon product, and will likely be purchasing an Oxy product in the near future. You can't go wrong with either.

Halcyon Pioneer, Explorer and Evolution user. Never a problem.

Has anyone used the eclipse?? I'm seriously considering getting the eclipse before my trip. Thanks

I use a Oxy 40# Signature series wing.Very solidly built.Streamline and no taco effect.Very happy with this wing.Fredi

robbcayman:
Has anyone used the eclipse?? I'm seriously considering getting the eclipse before my trip. Thanks

Yes, I've had 50 dives with my own Eclipse 40. I've been very happy with it! You can't go wrong with a single wing BP/web set up. It even fits perfect for a small and slim mounted set of doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom