what zeagle bcd is this please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
hi, for our 12yr niece to test drive some bcd's i just picked up this zealge and im wondering what model it is because i couldnt see it on the zeagle website. the bcd is about 8yrs old (and obviously pink).

almitywife:
hi, for our 12yr niece to test drive some bcd's i just picked up this zealge and im wondering what model it is because i couldnt see it on the zeagle website. the bcd is about 8yrs old (and obviously pink).

I think it's a 7200, an older model but it looks to be in good shape. Maybe more like 10 to 12 years old, based on the flat detachable clips, non curved shoulders and lack of chest clip. That does not look like any inflator Zeagle ever sold, but often generic inflators get installed in the field. It looks like a Seaquest from the pic. Often these older BCs keep on diving for many years. The most important specifics would be the type of connections to the bladder at the neck of the inflator/deflator hose, and the over presure valve on the bottom of the bladder. If it holds air, all the functions work properly, and the bladder looks ok inside, it should be alright to use. Unzip the top of the BC and have a look at the bladder inside.

Chad

thanks Chad, and thats a big hell yes for new bladder and service. since reading your post ive added new inflator hose also. the bcd is more for pool work and pool like conditions so once we have this done to it - i will allow her to use it. hopefully she will stop growing soon and we can get that zena (my choice) or ranger (hubby choice) we would like to get her.

almitywife:

that appears to be a custom BCD for the Pepto Bismal company!

wow that's bright pink!

mike_s:
that appears to be a custom BCD for the Pepto Bismal company!

wow that's bright pink!

mike,

Believe it or not pink BCs (and a whole lot more gear) were very popular for over a decade from about the early 80s. Pink finally fizzled in the late 90s.

I'm hearing a fair amount of new interest in it again for dive gear, since the fashion scene seems to be going pink... or so I read somewhere.

Chad

so pink is the new black????

wow, so maybe my neice is going down the DIR path! (she was asking some dir like questions on the weekend)

yep on the pinks, we went thru alot of problems to get her fins ect as no-one seems to import these colours anymore - we pick up her new tank next week and she already making paisley paint plans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom