ATOM 2.0 Wristwatch Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

myrddin

Contributor
Reaction score
I just wanted to know if anyone here knew if our older ATOMS will be firmware upgradeable when the new one comes out??

http://www.oceanicww.com/new_products.html

ATOM 2.0 Wristwatch Dive Computer
Small but mighty, the original Atom dive computer boasted an impressive array of features and capabilities—now the Atom 2.0 adds even more, including cylinder pressure read-out on primary dive display, a free-diving mode and a new one-push “Buddy Pressure Check” feature that let’s you monitor the tank pressure of any diver with a properly programmed transmitter. Like the original, it allows the user to switch between three different nitrox mixes (up to 100 percent) and it comes with Oceanic’s patented Air Time Remaining feature.
Available: March '06

Nope. The display is different on the two. The only new features will be the constant pressure readout on the main screen and the "buddy check" other then that virtually the same. And because the actual display's are different the V.1.0 would not be able to display the V.2.0 info.

And why would you want to see the pressure at all times? When I look at the gauge I want to know the depth and time, for air I know how much I am using and if I really want to know then I press the button and there it is - makes it easier for me at least!

Bummer.... But good points though, I guess its really no big deal.

:) thanks for your reply.

:)

Back
Top Bottom