Scubapro Releases Two New Dive Computers! LUNA 2.0 (with & without AI with GF) with aggressive pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With AL owning PPS and AL being in dire financial situation, many companies may end up with no transmitters for their computers, SP transmitters and dive computers will go up in price then :p

@tridacna they're all doing super double secret dives at places nobody else knows about, that's why you don't see them on dive boats so you wouldn't meet them /s

I can count the number of divers with SP/uwatec computers I have met with either my fingers or toes. suunto is probably the most common, even if they aren't popular with the scubaboard crowd.

ScubaPro is still entertaining that they can provide a decent computer and this is how they attempt do it

"Designed to be one of the thinnest dive computers" ha ha ahh ha thin on the outside and thin on the in

Nah with no information on it, these scubapros have taken too much money for broken ****, for too long

Just another experiment with our money

TELL EM THEY'RE DREAMIN!

Not a bed conceptual computer, I use a Galileo for years, the only real complaint with the IR interface which was 10 years behind the times when new.

I like the 2450 battery and if they went back to that in the transmitter or some other standard battery that wold be an improvement.

Not a bed conceptual computer, I use a Galileo for years, the only real complaint with the IR interface which was 10 years behind the times when new.

I like the 2450 battery and if they went back to that in the transmitter or some other standard battery that wold be an improvement.
The new style transmitter uses a CR2 battery. Easy to source.

My LDS got 4 of the computers in last week. I played with the LUNA 2.0 (non-AI) a bit out of the water.

I am sure it will be attractive to some, but I was generally unimpressed. I use the G2 Tec, Garmin Mk2, Shearwater Petrel/Perdix/Peregrine...so maybe I had too high of expectations.

If you have been using an Aladin One/Sport/Matrix...then I am sure this is a nice upgrade.

With a retail of $579 for the AI version and common transmitter of $400, this looks to be a great computer concept for those who aren‘t to deep into shearwater or Garmin,a lot less money. To bad it’s blue.

With a retail of $579 for the AI version and common transmitter of $400, this looks to be a great computer concept for those who aren‘t to deep into shearwater or Garmin,a lot less money. To bad it’s blue.
Too bad about the screen too. Unless you're into throwbacks from the 90s. Ratio iX3M Pro is $100 more expensive but compare the two.

I have to wonder why SP lags so badly in this department? Every new release gets a collective sigh hoping that somehow they will release a computer that will make us go wow. They just can't shake the Uwatec legacy feel.

The only value to this is if you ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY MUST HAVE to buy a SP dive computer for the Parts for Life program. Then you can flip it immediately afterwards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom