Diving in guage mode?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sponge_bob

Reaction score
I just bought the aladin tec and Im a little confused about a few things. Whats the difference between diving in the guage mode and not?

Diving in guage mode provides you with the opportunity to use it as a depth guage and clock to dive with dive tables rather than using its computer algorithms.

in guage mode the computer acts like just that, a set of guages. It will display depth ,dive time, and max depth or temperature also will give you avg depth.
It will display no info concerning deco limits or no deco limits therefore you can not be locked out for violating the computers set of deco rules.
In normal computer mode the computer will display all the above but will also give you a no decompression limit and try to assist you in doing deco if it becomes necessary.
If you have not been trained to plan dives in your head or do not use tables then you had better stick to diving computer in normal mode.
Hope this is helpful.

Sponge Bob

The purpose of guage mode is to allow the unit to act as simply a depth guage and timer. As pointed out, this prevents lockout when you exceed the algorithmic parameters set in the computer. I have a multiple gas switch computer that I use for tec dives AFTER planning my dive on a PC (and executing the dive to the tables I've created) and use my recreational computer in gauge mode as a backup in case the technical computer fails. It also provides me with 2 depth readings, and I always execute the dive according to the more conservative of the two.

Back
Top Bottom