SUUNTO Mosquito battery Change issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sshen77

Registered
Reaction score
All Friends:
I have a SUUNTO Mosquito , but now low battery need to change... It can be replaced by myself but I'm wondering whether it must need to do the water resistance test... I'm in Shanghai China & I can't buy a battery in Shanghai since no dealers here. Anyone can suggest me where to buy near my location....

thanks & best rgds
Steven

You may get a kit on www.diveinn.com. I changed the button ( CR 2032) battery myself and it`s not a big issue, the manual has all the info. Also,You may find cr2032 at the nearest photo equip shop
Marcelo

thanks Arraial... But I'm not sure whether the O-ring must change or not since it will cause leakage issue. Can I test the water resistance by myself?? Can I refer to the housing leakage test, just seal it & put into water to see any leakage or not ? ( housing just seal it & put into the water to see whether there is leakage or not )

I've changed the battery in mine and as long as the O-ring looks OK don't worry about it. I left the old one in. I did lube it with a bit of silicone from my camera kit though.

I've changed mine myself, with no problems so far (your mileage may vary)....but I don't know if you can do a leak test with a Suunto like you would with a camera housing. There's usually quite a bit of air in a camera housing, enough that you'd be able to see a lot of bubbles & get the camera out of the water before any damage was done (I'm talking about putting the camera in a bucket or whatever for this.)...but with a tiny little dive computer, I'd expect that first bubble you saw (if you could even see one) would let in enough water to ruin the computer.

The 2032 is the standard computer back-up battery so it should be easy to find, as long as the o-ring does not have any nicks,cuts or other damaget it should be okay. Check the manual I believe you may need to apply silicone greese to the o-ring. You could submerge it in 1 meter of fresh water to check the water integrity of the computer. Flooding with fresh water is much prefered to salt water.

The original suunto kit has new o'ring and battery cover. Mine were ok,so I did the same as Dennis .Take a look at the manual :Silicone grease (not much) , good inspection (avoid dirt) and a test on fresh water. It´s not as good as a pressure test , but That's the best I could get .
Since then I made a 7 day dive trip and went down to 30m, still dry.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom