D9/s6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tribaltim

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright yes I'm a fairly new diver but I don't understand why would you put out a new watch but not be able to have wireless connection to your tank data? I mean here I thought you were finally making an awsome "AFFORDABLE" kick butt watch but I can't even get my tank PSI?

Dude, air integration is highly over-rated. The sensor/transmitters make the unit more expensive. They can occasionally be unreliable in certain circumstances or around certain types of metal (e.g. inside wrecks = bad juju). They add an unnecessary potential failure point. If it's your only psi reading and the transmitter craps out on a week long dive trip you have issues. If you wear both an ai watch AND an spg in case your ai craps out you look like one of these strokaphilic units that coat themselves in aquaseal and roll around in a dive shop. Believe it or not, occasionally vacation divers commit such wienery as forgetting their ai watches on the boat when they go diving. If this should happen and you have an spg on an HP hose, you have psi. If your ai watch is sitting back up on the boat where you forgot it, you don't. Plus after a half dozen dives ai loses its 'gee whiz' status and most divers don't bother to note what their air consumption was halfway through their previous dives.

The D9 is an awesome little computer. It doan need no steenkin' ai! :D

(IMHO, of course! YMMV...)

It doan need no steenkin' digital compass either!

If Suunto had also gotten rid of the compass feature I'd buy a D6...

Batteries run out and your totally F... Single SPG noting wireless to fail , normal computer , and normal compass. If one fails you will still be fine (other than the end of your dive) but to lose all at the same time forget that.

Vie:
It doan need no steenkin' digital compass either!

If Suunto had also gotten rid of the compass feature I'd buy a D6...

Well then your in luck because they have a Stinger and it's just like the D6 without the compass....

I agree w/Doc Intrepid. I like BACKUP. Use the wireless but have the backup SPG. You
have a backup reg. right? An extra light for a night dive, why not a backup pressure reading. I am from the old school and do not use a wireless so maybe I am a little biased. Happy diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom