Wing size for double 120's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost.Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a chance to get another OMS lp120 at a really good price. I am looking at setting them up as doubles. Until I checked Diverites website that is.
I've got a TPII with Rec wings. Diverite recommends doubles up to 104's for the Rec wings. On there Classic Wings (I think I could use those to double as a raft also) they say double 104's with 1 80 cf stage. There are only 8 lbs of lift between the two wings. (51 vs 59).
Buddy of mine regularly uses his TPII and Rec wings with double 112's both with regular fills and with "cave" fills. He has no problems with bouyancy etc. There is only 4 lbs difference between 112's and 125's empty per tank.
So, anyone diving medium/heavy doubles, what wing are you using? I am not in the market right now to go buy another wing so, if it's questionable about double 120's and the Rec wing, I'll opt to spend the cash somewhere else. (I do need another light...)

I've dove all over the world, with heavy double and deco tanks. I rely on my double bladder OMS rig to get me off the bottom.
With 100lbs of lift they can the job.
I dive with steel 98 doubles, and two steel 45's ROUTINELY. The OMS dual bladder system is the only rig I trust.
I see alot of Dive Rite, but they are more popular among cave divers for their lower profile in crawling through cracks.
Wreck divers generally prefer OMS due to the overbuilt construction and community.

Good luck,

Terry

I dive double PST HP 120's with an Halcyon Explorer 55lb Wing I bought used.

Plenty of lift, clean setup and yes - no bungiees, no addtional weights needed with a SS 6 lb BP and the short inflator hose works very efficientely. The inner bladder is a very sturdy material (no "plastic") which could almost double as the outer material.

I like it and will be using this one probably for a long time.

Ray

I use a pair of OMS 98's.
I have used the 50 LB rec wing with them and found it ok under water.
In rough open water surface situations, Wreck diving from a boat, I found I wanted more lift on rthe surface.

I'm using an 80 LB Dive Rite Double wing with them now, and I find this much better.

My 2 cents worth.

Mike D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom