Suunto D9 - Deleting Logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm new to the board, can anybody help?

I have just bought a D9 and am wearing it as a watch. This means that I also wear it when I go snorkelling. Unfortunately this means that it logs a dive every time it goes slightly underwater.

It says in the manual that it is meant to start recording a dive when it goes deeper than 1.5 feet. Even without diving down it goes into dive mode on a swimming stroke, my arms are longer than 1.5 Feet!

Two questions:

1) Does anybody know if this can be adjusted so that it only goes into dive mode at over 5 feet?

2) I now have several logs of 1 second dives in the D9. Is it possible to delete these non-dives?

Many thanks.

Cayman Mark:
1) Does anybody know if this can be adjusted so that it only goes into dive mode at over 5 feet?

2) I now have several logs of 1 second dives in the D9. Is it possible to delete these non-dives?

Many thanks.

Hi Mark. You cannot adjust the computer to make it activate deeper than the default. The memory dumps dives in a FIFO manner, each new dive knocking off the oldest dive. There is no way to "delete" dives from the computer. Maybe they will change this on some later release of the Suunto Dive Manager. This is one fault with watch/computer type dive computers. Hope this helps.

Phil Ellis

Look at my response to your thread in Basic Scuba discussions section.

Cheers.

-J.-

Back
Top Bottom