Dive Table calculator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gschept180

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I use a Naui dive table, but I am new to it and very bad at using it. Is there a program that if I just enter depth, dive time, and surface interval time it will calculate all the other information for me. I really need a program to help me out so if there is one can somebody please post a link to a site. Thanks

OK, I know you really don't want to hear this but using a computer program to aviod developing a sound working knowledge of the dive tables isn't the way to go. Being able to use the tables is fundamental to being a diver. I would suggest that instead of trying to aviod the tables, you spend some time really trying to get to know how to use them. Larry at scubatoys.com has a program that he sells for about $15 that will quiz you on the tables, it gives you a scenario and prompts you for the answer. You can use it with a variety of different tables as well so if you really don't like the NAUI one you can use PADI or something else. He may even offer you a discount since your a member of this board.

Please don't think I am being condecending here. I really am not. I had a little trouble understanding the tables as well. After working with them, asking a lot of questions, and Larry's program, I can now use them efficiently. Even though I now dive with an Atmos II computer, I still practice my tables. I think almost everyone here will encourage you to keep trying to work with the tables, it really is that important. Besides, if your out at a dive site and your dive plan changes, will you have a laptop available to punch in the numbers and see if the dive is still safe?

Please, learn the tables.

Yea I am going over with my instuctor but I just would also like a program as well. Not a program that teaches me, b/c I am learning from my instructor as we speak but I would like just a program that doesnt teach you but automatically does this information for you. Thanks

gschept180:
Yea I am going over with my instuctor but I just would also like a program as well. Not a program that teaches me, b/c I am learning from my instructor as we speak but I would like just a program that doesnt teach you but automatically does this information for you. Thanks

Its good that you are learning from your instructor right now, but if you're looking for something that does it for you, you'll just forget again and have to learn how to use the tables.

And like nauidiver said about the laptop, if it dies you still need to know how to use the tables.

There is a program available for the Palm (See VersionTracker.com). However, like the others, I think you should get proficient at using the tables yourself. Its a safety thing. You never know when something goes terribly wrong and you need to recalculate a deco stop while underwater.

Hi gschept180,

If you use a Mac, DiveTableX will do what you are looking for and it’s free also. However, I would follow the very wise advised already given to you. I used the software to test my knowledge and I have to tell you I didn’t get one question wrong in my recent OW certification exam, at least not one related to the table, that is. :wink:

Larry's "Diving Tutor" software from Scubatoys is an excellent teaching aid.

PADI has been marketing a hand held calculator called the eRDP. Seen one at the LDS on display. Looks harder to use than the table.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom