Tusa IQ 700/Dive rite duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver32

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking at the IQ 700 to replace my quickly dying Aeris Atmos II. I am looking at the tusa, mainly due to price,(dealer's cost) and it happens to have the features I want. (2 gas, nitrox) I am looking for everybody's experience with either of these models, as they are the same unit. good or bad. Thanks for your help.

I know there the same, just wanted to hear peoples experience with them. If money were no object I'd get a Vytec. But money is an issue, and i can get a new Tusa really cheap.....

We have two TUSA IQ-700 units - one for me, one for my dive buddy / team mate / wife. We've been very happy with their performance - our Dive Rite NiTek3 models are now our secondary dive computers. I like the TUSA (Seiko) dive logging software better than the Dive Rite software as well.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=87372

I have seen more room for negotiation at times with the TUSA IQ-700 than I believe most dealers can do with the Dive Rite model. The TUSA IQ-700 uses 3 more theoretical tissue compartments than the DR NiTek models and I've found it to be very, very slightly more conservative than my DR NiTek3.

I do like the Dive Rite Duo owners' manual more than the TUSA IQ-700 owner's manual, for the English language version anyway.

Well here is another thing , if you get one make sure your LDS will have no problems swapping it out for you when it fails . DTB1982 has gotten the black screen of death a couple times now on his.

My wife and I have been diving IQ700s for over a year now without any problems. They're a little more conservative than we were used to, but that's not a bad thing with the type of diving we do.

I've had one die on me as well.

I like the functionality, it's a very easy computer to use, but in the past they have had some reliability issues. No problem getting it replaced however.

For those posting they have had problems, could you post which brand & model you are having / have had problems with with your post? i.e. TUSA IQ-700, Dive Rite NiTek Duo, Apeks Quantum, etc.

Back
Top Bottom