Seeking USB Cable for Tusa IQ-700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently found my old Tusa IQ-700 which has 50+ dives logged on it that were lost to computer failure a few years ago (backup your digital logs friends, I now use OneDrive). I am trying to locate the 2 Prong to USB cable and given the age of the computer it is proving difficult. Does anyone have an old one laying around they would be willing to part with or even "rent" it for a short bit. I just want to pull the dives and that is it. Appreciate any help!

If you don't end up finding the manufacturers cable, you could solder the wires directly to it. Cut a USB cable of any type. Unless the manufacturer used unusual wiring colors, you'll find a green and white wire which are Data+ and Data- on USB (usually center pins). There are also red and black for power and ground (usually outer pins). Strip a bit of each wire and solder it onto the DC's contact. You might have to swap 'em around if you get them wrong. It's easier than you'd think. Cheap soldering iron, some flux, and some solder. Use some solder wick if you want to remove the wires and clean it up for diving later.

83oKl.png

If you don't end up finding the manufacturers cable, you could solder the wires directly to it. Cut a USB cable of any type. Unless the manufacturer used unusual wiring colors, you'll find a green and white wire which are Data+ and Data- on USB (usually center pins). There are also red and black for power and ground (usually outer pins). Strip a bit of each wire and solder it onto the DC's contact. You might have to swap 'em around if you get them wrong. It's easier than you'd think. Cheap soldering iron, some flux, and some solder. Use some solder wick if you want to remove the wires and clean it up for diving later.

View attachment 655825
I have a DiveRite USB Clip for a NiTek Duo dive computer. The DiveRite software that works with the USB clip is unique to Windows 7 and older. I've has zero luck getting the DiveRite, Tusa, or Zeagle software to work with the USB clip under a Windows 10 OS. The clip needs a new driver that works with WIndows 8/10/11. The software developers have not issued a new driver yet despite many promises for the past 10 years. The USB clip has a special chip built into the plastic clip holder that makes it unique amongst USB devices. If you want to try it, I'd be glad to send it to you. Maybe you will find software that will work with it. A Dive Log Book software program called SubSurface shows the Tusa IQ-700 which is the same as a DiveRite Duo and the Zeagle N2ition, all made by Seiko (same as the watch company). Let me know if you want to try the USB clip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom