Help me pick a regulator set for my 11 year old son, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Send me your Halo second stage, if I can't fix it I'll eat it and send you the money😁

The OP should just get his son a TFX. Might as well start at the top :thumb:.

I think the best way to fix a Halo is to put a Scubapro cover on it. I am sure afterwards it will behave properly :stirpot:.

I have some of those too, we could try it🙃
I have some, too. I was afraid if I put a G260 cover on it it would burst into flames.

Fortunately, I was told today that Halcyon has sent us some more parts for them to try and fix them.

I have some, too. I was afraid if I put a G260 cover on it it would burst into flames.

Fortunately, I was told today that Halcyon has sent us some more parts for them to try and fix them.

I think it would need to be a G250V cover.

DIY is also the route that I go. As James says, pretty easy and don’t forget to test in a controlled environment when you are done. If you are still on the ‘edge’ with used gear, there are independent reliable techs out there that go above and beyond the routine servicing. I know a few. You may also DM me as well. James has done a much greater number of these than I and his experience may be what you need to seek for your endeavors. My SHR experience has been DACOR and AMF Voit gear from 70s and 80s. You may also want to ‘try out’ some of the older working gear with your son. It is usually heavier in weight than a lot of the newer equipment. Fatigue is a factor when learning to dive. My youngest introee was only 5….little ‘fish’, indeed. But as far as I am concerned ‘really too young’ to dive.

I've read several dozen threads on regulators and I'm still uncertain the best course of action, so I burden you with one more thread on the subject.

Background: My son has waited his entire short life to get into diving. His mother and I were very active divers before he was born, but we took a break from diving until he was old enough. He was certified last month in Maui, and we have been diving local quarries once per week since returning. We plan to resume our pre-parenthood dive schedule of 3 - 4 dive trips per year, and he is 100% over the moon about diving.
IMHO - ScubaPro MK11/C370/R095

I dive an Atomic B2 and have used the same reg for 1200 dives. it is a great breathing reg. I have used Scubapro for a few dives and it is just as good. If you look at regulator reviews often Scubapro and Atomic are at or very near the top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom