Ques about Lands End swimsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have any of you ladies bought swimsuits from Lands End? I was thinking about getting one of the tankinis with the higher cut leg, but I was wondering if you found the sizes to be true. I take a size 8 in most swimsuits and a 6 in clothes, as an example.

Just trying to decide since my measurements fall into different sizes.

At least in the plus sizes, I found the tugless tank to be a perfect fit. I would assume their tankinis are the same. They do have a great return policy however.

Giggi:
At least in the plus sizes, I found the tugless tank to be a perfect fit. I would assume their tankinis are the same. They do have a great return policy however.

Yeah, they do. I can return anything bought online or in the catalog to the nearest Sears store.

love their faille tankini...my size was pretty true to what i wear in real life, & i'm a plus, too.

I just wish more of their suits came with the high leg cut. I just can't wear those ultra conservative legs. They make me look even shorter than I am and I just don't like that much coverage. I'm left with very few options. I want a tankini that is cute, doesn't have a bowtie at the neck or back (because of the wetsuit), has some tummy control, a high leg, and a v-style neck. Buying a swimsuit for diving should not be this hard. My sun bathing suits were far easier to choose :)

MsParamedic:
...and here Im looking for more suits with a conservative leg cut and a high neck line (Hate it when I bend over and expose the "girls") :)

:wink: It's funny, the older I get, the less I have a problem showing them off. Within reason, of course. Fortunately, there are many styles available out there. I just need to find a catalog that's somewhere in between Victoria's Secret and Land's End. Eddie Bauer has nice suits. I bought one last year. But they aren't "swim"suits.

I bought a lands end tankini 2 Summers ago, it fit great I loved it.I wore it right out.Turtle gal

scubamickey:
I just wish more of their suits came with the high leg cut. I just can't wear those ultra conservative legs. They make me look even shorter than I am and I just don't like that much coverage. I'm left with very few options. I want a tankini that is cute, doesn't have a bowtie at the neck or back (because of the wetsuit), has some tummy control, a high leg, and a v-style neck. Buying a swimsuit for diving should not be this hard. My sun bathing suits were far easier to choose :)
Have you tried Speedo's website? I had a look at it yesterday and their tankini selection is quite practical. (Plus there's 3 pages of styles!)

http://www.speedousa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.results&searchString=tankini

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom