Tusa IQ-700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Semita

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello to all,

Just purchased the TUSA IQ-700. My first computer and I just finished reading the manual. Will use it first time tomorrow for some shallow reef dives. I have the following questions:

1) Safety Factor: I understant they can be measured from 0 to 2 but what exactly has to be considered in each level?.......I set my computer up to 1 just in case.

2) When would I encounter an Oxygen Limit Indicator Warning? What causes me to reach this limit and if I do what are the consequences and what should I do?

3) What is the PO2 value?

Please help.......

Semita

i can't help as to 1

as to 2, have you taken Nitrox yet?

as to 3, do you mean "what is a PO2 value" or "what is the PO2 value used by the Tusa?"

I run a IQ-700 myself, its a decent little computer, no complaints yet. As for your questions, I'm not to sure exactly what the computer takes into acount for its safety settings, I know some of them deal with how conservative you want it to be with its nitrogen rates and max depth, etc.... But as for your other 2 questions both of those deal with the nitrox portion of the computer, unless your diving nitrox dont worry about them.

On question 1: I would recommend sitting down with your computer and with your NDL tables. Use plan mode with safety 0 - compare to the table
Use plan mode with safety set to 1 - compare to the table
Use plan mode with safety set to 2 - compare to the table

Do this for differnet depths until you are comfortable that you get a feeling for what the computer is telling you. Obviously, it's not really possible to do this with repetitive dives while sitting on your couch, but at least for the 1st dive you can find out how your computer behaves.

I dive a Apex Quantum (same computer, they are made by Seiko and relabled) and found that for cold water diving, setting SF1 got me very close to the PADI RDP table +10 feet. Meaning if I did a square profile dive my computer would behave the way I'd plan the dive use the RDP +10 feet, which is what I want.

Enjoy your computer. :)

Hola to all,

I just got down with my first dive using the IQ-700 and everything went well. After loggin in two shallow reef dives I headed back to the shop that sold me the computer and they finished explaining how the computer works. They were pretty helpfull.

1- In regards to the safety factor all of you are correct as it allows for variations on how conservative I want to be. I even sat down with one of the instructors who uses an IQ-700 and tried the different levels 0-1-2. We noted more than 10 feet of variation even close to 40 actually.

2- I am only ADVANCE.....so Nitrox is nothing I should worry about but we did do some exercise inregards to the PO2 range specifically with a Mix variation (21%-50%) showing what the maximum depths would be.

3- I also learned how to interpret the profile aspect of the computer and it is pretty interesting. I even purchased the downloader so I can see what I am actually doing down there.

thank you all for the feedback! I am now going to relax and head back home to Honduras.

Semita (Currently in Key Largo)

1. Displays the SF set by the diver. The larger the value, the more conservative the algorithm. (TUSA's algorithm is already on the conservative side to begin with)

2. Indicates the level of oxygen currently in the divers body. (Too much below the calculated depth can pose a toxicity hazard. Under recreational conditions this is really more of an issue when diving Nitrox.)

3. Pressure of Oxygen at the current depth (calculated from the Fraction of Oxygen and current depth).

What I really wish I could do is make it so that the backlight would stay on longer than 3 seconds. With the cochran I have I can set it to leave the backlight on all the time.

Sigh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom