Anyone know the value of a '90s vintage ScubaPro reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florabama

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It's a MK 25 with a GB 250 2nd stage, and an octo (not sure of model of octo) with pressure guage and BC hose. It appears to be in excellent condition. A guy at work has it for sale and I'm considering it, but have any idea what to offer for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

unless I am mistaken the MK25 is newer than the 90's isn't it? I was under the impression that the Mk25 was a fairly new 1st stage. But of course, as is often the case I could be completely wrong. Sorry not up on the prices of used gear atm. You might want to hit ebay and just see what similar items are selling for there.

around 200 dollars give or take depending on condition and service. if its from the 90s its probably a mark 10 or mark 20,both very good regs

Thanks a bunch. The guy who brought it to work says it was "'90s vintage," but that could mean 1999.

You friend should say say 90's era. If it ain't got two hoses, please don't use the term vintage. It will make Mike Nelson roll over in his grave.

Likewise I thought the Mk25 was vintage 2000's but I could be wrong. I still dive with my MK10/G250's and hardly consider them vintage (except in the sense of being like fine wines).

The commonly accepted definition of vintage dive gear is equipment from around 1975 or earlier (or equipment of that type, like horse collar BC’s, Jetfins, etc.). That definition has been loosely adopted at the vintage message boards and the members of NAVED (National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers).

Basically pre-1975 is the double hose era, but a single hose from the period has been considered vintage, as the Scubapro Mk5, early Conshelf, etc. Some single hose like the Poseidon Cyklon dates back to 1957.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom