Poseidon Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ Tudor

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody had any good/bad experiences with Poseidons? I'm looking in particular at the Cyklon 5000 and haven't heard any bad experiences as of yet. Any ideas/suggestions?

I dived with Cyklons for about 12 years and always loved them. They give plenty of gas, in fact too much for some people, and actually seem to work better as you go deeper.

If possible try them. Some people don't like the way they deliver and find them a bit harsh. I have also found that they sometimes breath a little damp when very shallow.

I also found that they don't seem to take kindly to being out of the water for a while. I had repeated problems with the second stages starting to 'hiss' about 8 to 9 months after service and this usually tracked back to an interstage pressure creep over a period of time.

Having said that I say again that I loved them and know many other people who wouldn't dive with anything else.

After all this time I have finally retired them and now dive Apeks which I now love.

Hi, I just bought a Poseidon Jetstream regulator and wanted some advice. You may think that I should have tried it before, but that's difficult in Ecuador and, of course did most of the reasearch before buying it.

Besides reliability and performance, one of my main interests was, believe it or not, the fact that the exhaust valve was on the side, thus avoiding air bubbles blocking my view. However, I read a couple of posts on the Board saying that the design WORSENS the effect of air bubbles in front of one's face.

Any comments? I dive in rather warm water...

Thanks,

Pedro

I've been diving a Posedion Xstream for about two years. Its been stone reliable and doesn't freeze no matter what. I dive in some pretty cold environments too. What I like about it most is that the deeper you go the better it gets. I've had it down 150 fow and its smooth as silk down there. It builds confidence, its something that when you use it you know know its going to work. Bubbles in the face aren't much of a problem. You really want to fix that, get a reconditioned Royal Aquamaster two hose regulator with a banjo for your spg and a tee on the hooka port for your BC and Drysuit. You'll have to learn a few different wrinkles, like how to clear a double hose reg, swim in a little different position and learn to place the reg body bettween your shoulder blades, but its a bullet proof system thats a blast to use.

Jim

I've had a half dozen Cyclon 300s for over 20 years. They work very well, and are easy to maintain. I have no complaints.

In my opinion, the Poseidon is the best reg ever made. I've used the Cyclons, and bought my first Jetstream about 2 years ago. I am now getting a second to use for a doubles rig. One of these days maybe I'll spring for an Xtreme.

But it does depend on how much gas you like to receive when inhaling. If you like A LOT, then get a Poseidon, if not, the overall cost isn't worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom