Apeks XTX50 vs. Zeagle ZX/ Flathead-VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serrada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ok, I was going to get the Apeks XTX20 and since I have moved up to the Apeks XTX50.

Now I’m trying to decide between the Apeks XTX50 and the Zeagle ZX/ Flathead-VI.

The Apeks XTX50 would be with the Apeks Egress octopus plus a Dive Rite DIN-to-yoke spin-on adapter for $566.

The Zeagle ZX/ Flathead-VI would be with the Zeagle Envoy octopus and it comes with the DIN-to-yoke spin-on adapter for $582.

Can you help me decide which one to get or any other suggestions that might be better in this price range including an octo and DIN adapter?

What I can see is that both regulators will probably perform beyond my diving requirements and will be just as comfortable as one another.

2nd Stages:
One pro for the Apeks XTX50 is that the hose is reversible. I don’t think the Zeagle ZX/ Flathead-VI is. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

1st Stages:
The Zeagle ZX/ Flathead-VI appears to be a lower profile with its DIN to yoke adapter in use. Any of you know for fact if this is true I have not been able to see the Apeks with the adapter in place.

Octopuses:
I’m up in the air when it comes to these two octopuses. The last time I bought a regulator package all octopuses, except for the SP AIR II, were standard type 2nd stages at the primary (just different colors). I like the fact that the Apeks Egress can be used inverted, but do I really want this type of octopus or do you guys think a STD octopus like the Zeagle Envoy is a better choice?

You are splitting hairs here. Both are excellent regs and octos. I have Apeks regs and Zeagle regs, and I like them both equally.
The Zeagle Flathead VI is really nice because it is low profile.
The Egress is a nice Octo because it is so versatile.

Just do the old eeny, meeny, miny, mo, and pick one. You will be happy either way.

Apeks ATX 50 is good performance regs

Is the Zeagle's 1st stage a lot more low profile than the Apeks with the DIN adapter?

Also is the Zeagle's hose configuration on the 2nd stage reversable?

My LDS doesn't carry the ATX anymore just the XTX and I like the idea of being able to change the hose configuration on the XTX.

serrada:
Now I’m trying to decide between the Apeks XTX50 and the Zeagle ZX/ Flathead-VI.

The Apeks XTX50 would be with the Apeks Egress octopus plus a Dive Rite DIN-to-yoke spin-on adapter for $566.

I just purchased the XTX50 and got the Egress free. Does the price you quoted take the freebie into account? If not, that info might make your decsison easier! Apeks is running that special until the end of July. I believe that the price of my regs was just under $500. I added a Suunto Cobra which drove the ticket up but I love the whole setup!

Hope it helps!

Steve

Yes that's the total package with tax and the octos. Still haven't decided. Though did buy an Oceanic VT3.

Zeagle. There is good customer service available on this board as well as it being one of the highest performers out there.

Apeks
Seems more robust (looked at both today/yesterday and the Zeagle seems like it has not as tuff of a housing as the Apeks.) I like the fact with the egress octo in an OOA situation it would be easy to face my buddy with the octo inverted. Like the idea of reversible hose sides on the second stage for double tanks. (Though I have an Oceanic Omega which could serve this purpose.)

Zeagle
US made product is plus for me as long as it is quality. I’ve heard great things about the mouth piece and the lack of bubble interference. I think! The first stage with the DIN to yoke adapter in places is lower in profile (I saw the Zeagle with the DIN and yoke adapter but the Apeks I saw way only yoke. No idea really, but the Zeagle with the adapter seam not to be much different than just the yoke alone for head clearance)

Back
Top Bottom