Regulators - world wide service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maaaarius

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I even want to ask this question, but I, as many other people, have problems in choosing a regulator. So far I've only used Scubapro, but I feel it's too big. Almost as it falls out of my mouth at times. I've looked at a few brands I like, or that I think I like. Atomic, which is way to expensive. Guess we can just forget about that brand. Zeagle which I've heard a lot of good things about, but it looks like service can be a problem. I want good world wide service. Apeks which as far as I know is more or less the same as Zeagle (at least it were some year ago or something) has better service world wide. This looks like a popular regulator on this board. Last but not least, Aqualung. Seems like they have fine world wide service as well, but I'm not sure if I would like Aqualung or Apeks.... Can anyone help me out here?

I'll be diving in temperatures from 1-30C, all year around. The depth will be at least 30 metre (100 feet), and later maybe even down to 40 metre (130 feet). Nitrox will probably be used very soon. I don't think there will be any cave dives, but possibly wreck dives at some point.

Aqualung has the Micra, I just do not know if this is still in their line-up. It was a pretty small second stage.

I'm not quite sure about your statement that SP 2nd stages are too big, they're falling out of your mouth. Each company makes 2nd stages of differing sizes, but I'd be almost certain your problem was with either the mouthpiece or the hose routing, which may have been pulling on the reg. IOW, you could easily have that same experience with any 2nd stage. Just get the reg you want and consider a custom mouthpiece, then spend a little time finding the right length hose and you'll be all set.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom