Mk25t/s600t $500.00

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigcape

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Oceanic first stage that is 10yrs old and the Oceanic Omega3 2nd stage. At the time I was told it was the top of the line.

I took it to get rebuilt/serviced and started paroooooozing my LDS and started looking at the MK line. First the brass one then the Titanium one, wow it was soooooo light.

The sales guy went into overtime telling me this and that about scubapro and the difference between my UNballanced Oceanic and the Ballanced MK25T but the 1200.00 price tag scared me off at the time.

But just today I ran onto a used one for $500.00 US.

What do you guys think of this deal and how I will like it? What would I do with what i have? Is it good for a Pony/Stage or using with doubles if i choose to get deep into tech stuff?

You wouldn't want to use with Oxygen % over 40%. Titanium and high pressure O2 don't work well together...

Omega's always came with a balanced first stage unless you bought some strange combination a LDS put together. The Omega second is a Servo design that provides better air than balanced seconds. (by better I mean HUGE amounts of air)

Great reg and good price. But like previously stated keep the O2% less than 40.

I might have it wrong....Im gonna see what my first stage really is. I thought I was upgrading!

Bigcape:
I might have it wrong....Im gonna see what my first stage really is. I thought I was upgrading!

post a picture, we'll know....:wink:

I will here in a bit. Thank you!

The 600T is an upgrade, of sorts. It has a bunch of titanium, so it's super lightweight and impervious to corrosion... both very good things. The downside is cost (which is not an issue since you're getting it used, as long as it's in good shape) and the fact that titanium and high percentage o2 is a bad combination. Regular nitrox you're totally fine, though, and as long as you're unlikely to use this reg for anything other than backgas (probably the case, unless you are wasting it on stage bottles), and you're unlikely to breathe higher than 40% for back gas (a fairly safe assumption, in most cases), it should be a great reg for you. I'm jealous!

Well, it showed up today!!!!!

I post a pic of my Oceanic here when I get my cable back.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom