info on sherwood Oasis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corpsman82

Reaction score
just wondering if anyones uses it and can give me a small review of it. also are the moisture retention fins make it worth paying the extra buck for?can you actually tell the diffrence? BTW i dive prim warm water enviorment.

My wive and I dive Blizzards. This is almost the same regulator except for some anti frost plating on the "moisture retention" feature/heat sink and the lack of a rubber boot on the second stage inlet to promote heat exchange.

We hear plenty of good about both models. They are rock solid relable and servicable almost anyplace. They are easy and economical to maintain. For recreational diving they will serve you very nicely. For intensive deep/extended technical diving there are better breathers out there. So far out experieince is to 85 feet and the breathing was nice an natural, a total on issue.

I honestly can't tell what the moisture retention feature is doing for me. On many 70 minute dives I never notice a dry mouth so I guess that's a good sign. Others praised it when I was asking pre-buy.

The Oasis is a nice warm water choice. Be sure to try it with the wide "Walrus" exhaust Tee.

Pete

Corpsman82:
just wondering if anyones uses it and can give me a small review of it. also are the moisture retention fins make it worth paying the extra buck for?can you actually tell the diffrence? BTW i dive prim warm water enviorment.

Yes, the fins do work. I used an Oasis for years. The first time I used another reg the difference was noticeable right away. It's a bullet proof reg. Very few moving parts. Easy to service. Sherwood has been around for a loooong time.

I have used one since 95. Always loved it and yes I can tell a difference with the mositure fins. Especially since I would take a suda fed before I dove. Just got a Atomic Z1 so I gave the oasis to the girlfriend

I was considering the Oasis if we get new regs, because of the moisture retention thing, and seems like they should be relatively easy to get serviced when traveling. Does the Oasis breath well and relatively dry upside down or in weird positions?

Damselfish:
I was considering the Oasis if we get new regs, because of the moisture retention thing, and seems like they should be relatively easy to get serviced when traveling. Does the Oasis breath well and relatively dry upside down or in weird positions?
YES,YES,and YES. But my Z1 breaths better than the Oasis. Have never had to get my Oasis serviced while traveling.Never had it break.

Need to clear up a misunderstanding. The Oasis is not a "warm water only" regulator its the same reg as the Blizzard except for the heat transfer and teflon coated demand lever (oasis does not have ). I live and dive in So Cal year round and have had zero problems with it to water as cold 48. Its a good bang for the buck reg.

laserdoc:
YES,YES,and YES. But my Z1 breaths better than the Oasis. Have never had to get my Oasis serviced while traveling.Never had it break.
yeah, some of the brands such as Atomic or Apeks I'd like to consider don't seem to be sold much if at all near me, may be problem for local service. Also not sure about getting them serviced while traveling.

It's a fantastic reg.... I can rebuild one (If it has limited corrosion) in about 15 minutes. Its that easy to repair and the ease of breath is fantastic.

Damselfish:
yeah, some of the brands such as Atomic or Apeks I'd like to consider don't seem to be sold much if at all near me, may be problem for local service. Also not sure about getting them serviced while traveling.
Yes but how often do you have a reg break on you when you are traveling. I also have a older oasis thats about 15 years old. I toss this one in the dive bag just in case something does happen. Never had to use it. Always get my regs serviced once a year before the big dive trip even if they don't need it anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom