alternative case for u/w camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
ok...we know what sorts of case r best for dive camera such as pelican or stormchaser or any other dry/hard case. But i just went toa local hardware store down here in Indonesia, it seems that the pelican case 1510 is good for our camera r too bulky for travelling especially by plane. Isn't there any other convenient case but still as strong as a drycase which is suitable for travelling on plane?

?????

I don't use a hard case for plane travel anymore.

Check out a gun or sporting goods store - they also have great hard cases for a fraction of the price. I think mine are Doskogil.

When I pack my stuff goes in a padded backpack (mine happens to be Canon, but there are hundreds) and in my insulated cooler. The dome port gets wrapped in bubble wrap inside the insulated cooler along with the housing. Everything else goes in the bag. Both of those get packed in the middle of my suitcase so the other clothes and gear provide extra stability and padding on all sides. Works a treat and I get much closer to not being over-weighted :wink:

My best advice to you is to avoid hard cases for carry-on travelling. They are too heavy and every kilo counts for carry-on.

There are soft cases available that are back pack style or carry handle style with removable/adjustable compartments.

Ok . it seems we agree on using softpacks for air travelleing. Now which softpack do u like to use or safe to use?

thx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom