Grand Sea Serpent or Hurricane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm planning a trip (simply the best) in the middle of may of '07. I am. First, is this an ok time to dive the southern Red Sea? I"m also leaning toward the GSS because it would price out to be around 450 dollars cheaper than the hurricane: it's around 150 pounds cheaper for the boat, and they offer free nitrox which the Hurricane doesn't. That could amount to a svings of around $150 for the week I would think. If the Hurricane was a better boat or had a better crew then that would change things but if they're pretty similar in safety and quality I would just take the GSS. Also, is anyone aware of the typical DM/Diver ratio on dives? When I was in Thailand we had four DM'S in the water with a boat of around 18 people which I thought was quite safe. The serpent and tornado fleet websites seem to indicate that they only take a maximum of 2 DM's per trip. That would leave a ratio off 12-1 on a full charter on either of these two boats. Thanks for your help.

not sure but both boats look awesome. Never dove there but it is on my short list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom