Trip Report Red Sea Serpent Grand Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's really only outside and not 'everywhere'. It might be annoying but in Europe you don't have worry about getting gunned down randomly at a mall, or a school or bar etc. so I guess it's a wash.
I feel safer in Indo and even Jakarta than I do in LA ,San Fran, NY or even Santa Ana in southern CA.

Dear reefseeker2,

After investigate the case, I like to come back to your points as follows:

Our Guests have all possibilities to check the boats on the website. Even all technical details are shown. For this reason we don’t understand the complaint. About the mentioning that the boat is narrow, please be informed that the SS Grand is nearly 44-Meter-long wooden hull boat with a wide of 8.5 Meter. And it is designed to coop with the conditions & waves of the red sea.

Guests are informed to secure there things inside the cabins all the time, so they don’t fall around when boat is sailing.

Regarding the food, I would like to mention that we always have extremely positive feedback about the food and our products are purchased in the highest quality. The preparation is always fresh and the variety is great. We are trying to fit all tastes onboard, as well we have received good comment and compliments for the cook during this week, it would be avoided if you has come to the cruise director and told him to speak to the chef onboard. We are sure that the chef will be more than happy to receive a feedback in order to adjust any error for our guests.

Regarding your objection to smoking, it must be clearly communicated that smoking is allowed in the designated areas on the boat and the crew does pay attention to this. Smoking in the rooms and closed areas is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated. It is allowed to smoke on the back of the upper deck and on the top Fly Deck.

We cannot consider the objection to be correct - yes, we have strict smoking rules and Crew members are not allowed to smoke in the area where guests are using. As well it’s not allowed to smoke at the bow of the boat as it is an up-wind area.

This issue should have been communicated to the cruise director onboard, and in these situations our guests can speak with them in Private.

One robe for the week! - Bathrobes are not changed in the cabins, but we always have replacements on board and all the guests had to do was ask for them and they would have been given a fresh robe. I think here a communication would have been the easiest way to solve the problem. In each cabin on the SS Grand there will be 1 Bathrobe + 3 Towels for every guest, towel get changed 2 times a week. As for the used soup we will inform our Catering team to look at this point.

“we always had hot water in the sink but not in the shower. I'm generally not one to complain during a trip, and I'm not sure if there was anything that could have been done to address these issues”

Certainly, direct addressing would have been the right way to solve the problem here as well. We have on each trip 2 engineers, which would have naturally looked for the error. If there is hot water in the sink than it will be in the shower as all is connected on the same water line!! – of course, we would have checked this on board immediately if you would have mentioned this.

Our cruise directors are frequently asking if all is OK with the guests onboard. As well we encourage our guest to speak if they have any issues in the cabins, Food & diving. And by this way we can tackle any problems our guests can have onboard.

We are strictly working with the rules of the area in regard to the ratio of crew to the guests onboard.

Regarding the zodiacs and the entry problems with the tank issue, we gladly accept the constructive critics - we try to improve this.

Our Speedboats are designed with a fiber hull and a balloon all around, of course in a bit of waves there will be bouncing on the balloon, but there are ropes all around the balloon to hold on & secure yourself.

I hope we could clarify the points from our side.

The boats in Indonesia and Egypt may not be of the same standard and may not meet all expectations.

We wish you continued great diving experiences and hope that we can welcome you again on one of our safaris.

Best wishes
Your Sea Serpent Fleet Team

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom