Diving on Jan 6-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefugee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anybody diving this weekend? I haven't dove since the early December, and am itching to get back in. The swell doesn't look too bad. The weather looks clear. We will probably be diving at Breakwater to do some skill practice. Any reason why I shouldn't dive this weekend?

Minh

You could jump with me on the Monterey Express boat :). And next week the Beach Hopper 2. After the Fred creepy thingie, I think I'll go into the boats for awhile. BTW, I like your avatar too, gets me everytime.

Nope.... Might be some waves but "divable"... of course YMMV

I'll be diving... Probably scooter run early in the AM... Then I have to do a weight check on a single tank of mine... Maybe we'll see you around the Breakwater

Roy I thought you were a starving student? save you money up to buy gear... do boat dives later :)

Don't worry about Fred you're not his type

I will be in Monterey for a class this weekend. We should be done by 2pm or so.

I would be up for a evening / night dive if anyone is game...

c//

Well - we dove breakwater today. There was suppose to be five of us diving. My daughter decided not to dive before we even left for Monterey. Two friends met us a Breakwater around noon. They ended not diving because the husband's rental BCD did not fit properly. My wife and I decided to get into the water to practice some basic skills.

The waves were hitting the base of the stairs at Breakwater. Entry was a little more difficult than normal because of the larger than normal waves. I thought this was good because it allowed us to practice a little rougher entrance. Once we were in the water - the visibility was a blurry 5ft with very little surge underwater. We saw very little marine life (besides snails and few small flounders). We were able to practice some basic skills (I still need more practice on navigation). Getting out of the water was a little more difficult than usual - but once again I am glad that we were able to practice in less than ideal condition. Total UW time was about 35 minutes. We decided to skip the second dive (my wife was whipped from the exit) and cancel our dive on Sunday. Went out to late lunch with our friends, and headed home.

Overall - not a great day for diving, but I don't regret going either. Got to spend some time with the family and some friends. :D

Minh

BTW - we met Fred today. He drove up in a red Mazda and said something (which I cannot recall - but nothing bad) to us. I found out later that he had asked our friends to dive with him, but they declined because they had dove with Fred before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom