Advice of Taba, Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBaby

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience of Taba?

I've been to Hughada and Sharm but never been as far north as Taba. I'm flying into Taba International Airport at the end of August and wanted to know what the airport is like?

I'm staying in Taba rather than Taba Heights but I've been told its not too far by taxi. I'm going with my boyfriend who is a non-diver so I'll wont get too much diving in but also would like to know if there are any centres in Taba or whether I would need to travel to Taba Heights to dive with a centre?

Anything about Taba would be great as I know very little!

Hi Abby,
I don't know too much about Taba itself, but I do dive there. AquaSport has a dive center under the Hilton right by the water a 2 minute walk from the border crossing. there are 3 beautiful shore dive sites, and also a day boat offering 3 dives, different ones every day. The divemasters are really good at finding stuff. I especially enjoy the brightly colored frog fish at the Canyon site, and there are often seahorses at the BlackCoral site.
Enjoy,
Barbara

If I recall, Taba Heights is about 16 miles away from the Taba Hilton and the border.

You will be able to walk across the border to Eilat for a night out – well worth it!

Nice diving up around Taba – no big fish, no currents and no deep stuff, but loads of nice coral gardens, hardly any divers, lots of critters, etc

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom