My Gear Selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BuckSlice4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok after reading alot...maybe all the post on gear selection on this board about gear and what to look for, I belive i have made my selections. :D

If anyone can suggest anything else besides this stuff, I'm open to any and all suggestions. This will be my first purchase, after my OWC. My goals are to get into Wreck diving and taking lots of photos.

Sherwood Blizzard First Stage Reg.
Sherwood Standard octopus
Sherwood Twin gauge console
Sherwood Avid BCD

Was also considering a tank but still unsure about that.

Its hard to make suggestions without knowing what type of diving you plan on doing and your budget.

Hey Buckslice.

I dive a Sherwood Avid BC and used to dive a Blizzard when I lived in Toronto. The Avid is a solid BC with features like the double tank strap, great weight integration. The Blizzard is not a premium breather but is a workhorse reg and has great cold water features. Sherwoods can be serviced anywhere in the world they are very simple to repair.

If technical (deeper) diving is something you might be interested in you will have to upgrade both the BC and the reg but that might not be the case. If all you want to see is the great wrecks of the St. Lawrence or Tobermory that are less than 130' then don't worry about it.

Who are you taking your OW course with?

Cheers.

-J.-

It's a good package for what you want to do. One thought, though: For deep, cold dives, you might want to consider a drysuit.

Well thank you all for the information, I just got off the phone with the dive shop. I was planning on making my purchase when the offer me the sherwood wisdom computer as an add on for only an extra $236.00. I informed them that i would need time to think that over and would let them know when i come in to the shop. As i am new to diving and all my gear will be new, should i even think about a computer now? Or wait until i have bunch of dives under my belt?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom