I purchased my first set of gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigMooseWarning

Moose Fish
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
So, after about a month of researching and talking to a few divers, I made the choices I felt were right for me. There were so many opposing opinions that it genuinely made me do my research and try to make the best choice for myself. I wanted to post to see what people think of the setup and offer opinions or insight. I have gotten a lot of mixed reviews on the BCD, but mainly from the earlier generations. I will be using this equipment for recreational diving and travel! I don't have plans on technical diving until I have many more dives under my belt.

Scubapro Hydros Pro
Scubapro MK25 EVO / S620Ti
Scubapro R195 Octopus
Shearwater Perdix 2 Ti

I think this is a pretty solid setup and should last me a long time if I take care of it.

Looks like a nice setup to me. You certainly didn’t spare any expense on your first gear purchase. Any critics are probably jealous. Congrats and enjoy!

Hi @BigMooseWarning

Your profile says your Hydros Pro has an Air2, is that correct?

I might have gone for a different second, I like the C370 for quality and price

Your gear is very good, sure you will like it for many years
Hey Scubadada!

Thank you for your response. So I actually changed that before my order was shipped. I decided to go with just the standard inflator and a Scubapro R195 Octopus. For me, I just felt more comfortable having them separate.

So, after about a month of researching and talking to a few divers, I made the choices I felt were right for me. There were so many opposing opinions that it genuinely made me do my research and try to make the best choice for myself. I wanted to post to see what people think of the setup and offer opinions or insight. I have gotten a lot of mixed reviews on the BCD, but mainly from the earlier generations. I will be using this equipment for recreational diving and travel! I don't have plans on technical diving until I have many more dives under my belt.

Scubapro Hydros Pro
Scubapro R195 Octopus
Shearwater Perdix 2 Ti

I think this is a pretty solid setup and should last me a long time if I take care of it.
Very nice setup! Have fun getting out there and diving it!

Hey Scubadada!

Thank you for your response. So I actually changed that before my order was shipped. I decided to go with just the standard inflator and a Scubapro R195 Octopus. For me, I just felt more comfortable having them separate.
Good choice!

Hey Scubadada!

I had chosen two identical second stages, possibly two G260.
Apart this, your first setup is top notch! Congratulations...

Scubapro Hydros Pro
Scubapro R195 Octopus
Shearwater Perdix 2 Ti

I am not a fan of the Hydros line of BCs. They look complicated, the air cell is excessivly large and they are expensive and :wink: they are not Hogarthian. This:

Plus these (for weight integration) and some cam band pockets:

Is a much simpler and more flexible system and is true to Hogarthian tenants of minimalism.

I think your regulator choices are solid but would have gotten the Mark 25 with two G260s. But, what you have is fine and will make a good entry into scuba diving. You have a nice set of gear, now you just need to go dive with it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom