Do you have a tech reg and a rec reg setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget separate back-mount and side-mount reg sets. :)

They can all definitely be converted in less than 10 minutes, but the first time you forget to change something critical, you'll want dedicated sets. HP disconnects for transmitters can be useful if you do different types of diving regularly too. About the only thing I change on my regs is the LP drysuit inflator hose, which lives in the bin with the drysuit so I don't forget to put it on when packing.

Lance

I used to have separate singles and doubles setups. The wings are different, the regs are different, so it made sense to just have a separate setup for each. Now I don’t dive singles anymore, but I now have separate setups for different environments: cave/shipwreck drysuit dives vs swift water wetsuit river diving, for example. Plus the setups for deco and stage bottles.

Regs have multiplied almost as much as tanks…. Of course, reg maintenance is kind of a hassle. But it’s just easier to know everything is just set up and ready to go, for the environment where I want to go.

I have separate set ups, Tec Sidemount, (Apeks MTX-R's - bottom gas, XL4 Nitrox - deco) and I still have a single cylinder rec back mount set (Aqualung Legend Lux), although I very rarely use it these days.

I use yoke for recreational diving (although I think the last time I did a non-cave dive was well before the pandemic) so I keep a set up for that. One of these trips to Mexico for cave diving I’d like to take few days to go to Coz, and for something like that I’d just bring the right length hoses rather than carry an additional reg set. I’m carrying plenty of stuff already!

My "rec" setup is whatever they let me rent when I dive saltwater.

Yes, I have different setups for different uses.

1712891809928.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom