TLS350 in the Great Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcin2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is anyone diving TLS350 as their primary suit in the Great Lakes? If so how is it holding up against all the zebra mussels?

I'm currently looking at getting a new DS but can't decide between TLS and CLX.

PS. For the TLS users, what overlay did you put on your suit if any?

Marcin2005:
Is anyone diving TLS350 as their primary suit in the Great Lakes? If so how is it holding up against all the zebra mussels?

I'm currently looking at getting a new DS but can't decide between TLS and CLX.

PS. For the TLS users, what overlay did you put on you suit if any?

I've got both suits and use them primarily in saltwater on the NE coast.

The CLx450 is very rugged and unlikely be cut by sharp edged objects. I'd say it's almost bullet-proof.

The TLS350 is a very lightweight material, but only once did I cause a slit in the outer layer of the trilaminate, that from kneeling on a barnacle-covered rock during a rough surf exit.

I think you'd have to rub up against the zebras just right to cause a problem.

I have no overlay on the suits, but some Kevlar knee pads on the TLS might be a good idea.

Personally, I wouldn't want to stiffen up the suit with knee pads, since it rolls up so nicely. I'd probably make a pair of knee pads that could be Velcro'd in place when needed.

Dave C

Ive dove the TLS350 in the lake and it held up great but the knees had small cuts that would turn into leaks in the furture. So I now have a CLx450 with all cordura and kevlar pads this suit is truly bullet-proof. But it realy depends on the diving your going to do. Wrecks or wall dives. With the wrecks the clx450 is my choice because im a wreck diver and the shap edges of the wrecks were my greatest threat.

I've been diving with a TLS350 for 5 years now in Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes. I have had no problems at all with the suit holding up to the Zeebs.

Back
Top Bottom