Heated vests - Do they actually work ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With little or no body fat,I am now considering buying a Venture vest for Cozumel diving. Would appreciate seeing more comments from wetsuit divers experiencing use in,“cooler” tropical waters.

With little or no body fat,I am now considering buying a Venture vest for Cozumel diving. Would appreciate seeing more comments from wetsuit divers experiencing use in,“cooler” tropical waters.
What wetsuit are you diving now? A new wetsuit is way cheaper and vastly more reliable than heat

5m Henderson TherMaxx. One year old and very warm.
If you don't have a hood, I'd start with that. So much heat is lost through the head.

I occasionally use a reusable Hot Shotz heat pad to take the edge off the chill. I put in the front of my wetsuit and if I need it, I pop the button through the neoprene and it keeps me warm for the rest of the dive. I wear a Sharkskin shirt under the wetsuit -- don't put the Hot Shotz next to your skin or you will overheat.

You could always add some bioprene. 😁

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom