Using Neoprene boots with drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

under water

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have Bare NexGen drysuit that I will be bringing out to dive the channel islands (Anacapa) at the end of May.
The size 12 boots that come with the drysuit are HUGE and I have not yet purchased Turtles that will fit them.
I have found that I can put on my normal size 12 neoprene boots over the feet and therefore still use my Apollo Bio-Fins, which I like.
Since I will be diving from a boat does anyone see an issue with this?
Thanks!

My wife dives with neoprene booties instead of rock boots, I don't see any problem with it at all.

Hey - IceBergSlim - he's going out on a boat for the entire day. You can't run for the car to change options that way. :)

DiverLS:
Hey - IceBergSlim - he's going out on a boat for the entire day. You can't run for the car to change options that way. :)

True. But he could bind two Happy Meal cartons on his feet with gaff-tape and get about the same result.

IceBergSlim:
True. But he could bind two Happy Meal cartons on his feet with gaff-tape and get about the same result.
OK. I'll remember to bring some happy meals. If they still sell them in California.:D

Actually I felt 99% sure using the neoprene boots would be OK. Didn't want to get into the split vs duck feet argument, but since I have yet to dive that way, was just looking for others with a positive experience doing the same. The splits work for me better than the Jets I have. Probably just the way I use them.
I am prepared to take the glances from the more DIR oriented, but still hoping to pick up an open-minded insta-buddy. I'm going to see some nature and take some pictures.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Dive the shoes you feel the most comfortable with.

There is no replace for the fins you like.

Back
Top Bottom