My new DUI 30/30: 30 dives in 7 days in Cayman Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A week on the Cayman Aggressor, diving dry on every single dive, leads to interesting reactions from fellow passengers and crew...

Day 1: Unpacking. "What the heck is that?"
Day 2: Laughing. "You're wearing a drysuit? In 81F water?"
Day 3: Inquiring. "C'mon, does staying dry really make a difference?"
Day 4: Wondering. "Wow. Five 60 min dives a day. And you're not cold? Not at all?"
Day 5: Eyeing. "I noticed that you really aren't cold, even after the night dives."
Day 6: Admiring. "This thing looks pretty cool. How's the whole idea work?"
Day 7: Departing. "So, where did you say you bought that?"

I will literally NEVER dive wet again!

Have about 400 pics to hump through, but you can click on the thumbnail below to see one taken of me feeding a few of the residents at Stingray City...

Sting_RAY_City.jpg

Alternated between DUI Stretchliner and a pair of Capilene 3 fleece I picked up at EMS.

Just enough to keep the squeeze off, really.

DUI claims the fabric is a "breathable trilaminate material" and whatever it is/however it works I was never hot in the suit, even while gearing up on the dive deck of the boat or on the beach for the one day of shore diving we did at Sunset House.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom