Drysuit Boot size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfalco

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking at a used drysuit (here on scubaboard). It has built in boots that are about a size bigger than my shoe size.

How important is the exact boot size on a drysuit? Will one size larger make a difference?

mfalco:
I'm looking at a used drysuit (here on scubaboard). It has built in boots that are about a size bigger than my shoe size.

How important is the exact boot size on a drysuit? Will one size larger make a difference?

Depends on how sloppy it might be with two, nice thick pairs of socks on.

Could be just right and nice and warm!

Dave C

You don't want it too sloppy, but you certainly want to leave room for nice thick socks, too, so it's not really a bad thing to have some extra room. Unless it's too much extra room.

Only way to know for sure is to try it. See if the seller is willing? On eBay, probably not, but people on ScubaBoard tend to be more understanding and reasonable about such things. :)

an extra pair of socks until you decide to have smaller boots installed, thats what I did. My suit had 10 or 11s...way big for my little 8.5s

once sice bigger i think i would go with actually..
Just like winter footwear, you want a little extra room for thick socks and a little air.. Too small would be worse I think..

Of course, if its TOO spacy and gets sloppy, you just change the boots..

The softboots with my Bare Tilam and the matching Trek boots are like 2-3 sizes larger than my regular shoes and I'm sure glad they are! With nothing on my feet the softboots are really floppy. However, once I get on a pair of wool socks and then my CT200 boot liners, everything is nice and snug. Any smaller and I wouldn't have enough room to wear the layers I need to keep my feet nice and warm.

I got the Bare hyper compressed (2 mil) neoprene suit, XCD2 Pro (shoulder entry). I opted for the neoprene socks and decided against the trek boots and went for a pair of mares wetsuit booties. This has been working very well for me. The neoprene socks plus the booties keep my feet really warm, I only wear a pair of regular socks underneath. The booties are one size larger then I normally wear. The suit is custom also and fits like a dream. I highly recommend it. I also opted for wet gloves, I really like the three finger mits, they have always kept my hands toasty down to 38 degrees.

mfalco:
I'm looking at a used drysuit (here on scubaboard). It has built in boots that are about a size bigger than my shoe size. How important is the exact boot size on a drysuit? Will one size larger make a difference?
Good advice on having room for a couple of pair of warm socks. Plus, you can always have the boots replaced (as one response mentioned), or decide you want to go with neoprene socks and rock boots / wet suit boots / whatever (as another mentioned). IF THE SUIT FITS YOU WELL, then the boot fit is easily addressed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom