Rockport this Winter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmy B

Contributor
Reaction score
I see the boys from Kingston are diving Rockport every weekend still, anybody else diving still?

Jimmy B

Did one dive on the Morrison today. It was cold, sun dis-appeared and the wind came up while we were in. Not sure of actual air temp, below feezing for sure, water was 34F. Dove in a 7mil semi-dry (one piece) suit. Body and feet were fine, fingers were chilled. The nasty part was trying to get the gear off after. Gloves were inside out and almost froze in the 10 to 15 minutes before I turned them roght side again to hang.
We weren't in long, 23 minutes, the vis was poor (about 5 feet) and didn't see a single fish, glad I didn't bother loading up the camera. Picked up a crayfish, I thought was dead, but turned out he wasn't. He slowly (about 10 seconds) closed his claw on the finger if my glove and hung on. :) So I carefully detached and let him go.

I have one more dive planned for New Years Day (we're promised a heated tent to change in) and then I think I'll hang it up till spring, unless we get away South. I could handle more with the cold water, but I need some warmer air temps when I get out.

Our Scuba Club will be doing a New Years Day dive in the afternoon on January 1st. Then off to have some chilli and a sit in the hot tub we are renting.

Then, since I don't have a Drysuit as of yet the next bit of diving for me will be when I go to Key Largo in march. Can't wait to dive the Speigel Grove! Woo Hoo! :)

Back
Top Bottom