Nocturnal SLX LED vs Niterider Pro Diver Halogen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_moron

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I know LED vs. Halogen are two different animals. Just wondering if anyone has compared the two, or can give me feedback on other Nocturnal models.

I recently purchased the Nite Rider's Pro Diver model and was not too impressed with its material and design.

Just wanted to hear if anyone has had good results Nocturnal.

My husband and I love our Nocturnal Lights SLX lights! We have been super impressed with them both during daytime and at night. At night we were able to observe the different colors of everyone's lights, and ours by far were more blue/white than anything else anyone was using. We also liked how they give a strong focus beam, but fade out to a soft light for nearly 4' in diameter. Made it really easy to use the focus beam for navigation and orientation and the softer outer area for photography and to light up critters and the reef.

We got easily over 6 hours of time on batteries and since they use AA's, you can use rechargeables. The quality of materials and construction of these lights is simply fabulous (bullet proof), which make them super easy to travel with. Customer service cannot be beat either (on par with Zeagle and ScubaToys!).

This month's Scuba Diving magazine has a review of lights and includes the SLX lights, but not the Niterider's you're asking about.

Thank you for your feedback, Divemaven. This was exactly the information I was looking for. I have to decide if I should return my Pro Diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom