Swapping consoles and octos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can I swap consoles or octos around on my gear without worrying about calibration or other service level issues?

I have a couple of regulators that I want to switch consoles, octos, and an air2 around on and I am wondering if a wrench and some lube is all that is required.

Thanks in advance!

amajamar

Yep.

the K

The console should not be a problem.

The intermediate pressure of first stages will vary and that can impact the behavior of your alernate second stage (octo).

Pressurize the exisiting configuration then slowly lower the alternate second into a pan of water with the mouthpiece facing upwards. Note how deep it is when flow is initiated. Repeat this test after moving it. If it's close then take it for a dive watching out for easy freeflow and spend some time breathing from it. If the pan test shows a difference if more than 1/2 inch I'd have a shop dial it in.

Pete

In terms of the physical movement a wrench and some lube to keep the orings just shiny will usually do it. If you have a tight fittng you may wish you had a first stage holding tool but it's usually not needed. Use just a hint of firmness in tightening the fittings.

amajamar:
Can I swap consoles or octos around on my gear without worrying about calibration or other service level issues?

I have a couple of regulators that I want to switch consoles, octos, and an air2 around on and I am wondering if a wrench and some lube is all that is required.

Thanks in advance!

amajamar

There will be no problems.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom