USIA price list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am window shopping drysuits. The only place I have found prices on USIA suits is divers-supply.com. (However, they do not [edit] offer the oddball stock sizes like XL-short.)

Example:
http://www.divers-supply.com/USIA-TECHNIFLEX-DRY-SUIT-p/usi0014.htm
$1200 for a TechniFlex

Are the prices there typical for USIA suits? Or is this place like LP?

Thanks!

You might try asking in the USIA forum, but I think I remember reading somewhere that USIA does not have a price list.

The size listings on the divers-supply site have puzzled me too (and is there really a back-entry techniflex?)

If I lived in your part of the world, I would check out http://underwatersports.com/ I think they sell a lot of USIA.

Rich

I live right by an UWS store... I just want to do as much homework as possible before I go in there and possibly waste the staff's time.

fireflock:
You might try asking in the USIA forum, but I think I remember reading somewhere that USIA does not have a price list.

The size listings on the divers-supply site have puzzled me too (and is there really a back-entry techniflex?)

If I lived in your part of the world, I would check out http://underwatersports.com/ I think they sell a lot of USIA.

Rich

Yes, they do make a back entry. From what I have been told, USIA will basically allow you to tell them what you want when they make the suit. I am sure the price goes up with each request but that is expected I guess.

Yes, USIA has a price list. I've seen it. But I believe it only goes to dealers.

When I ordered my Techniflex, I downloaded the custom sheet, and had myself measured for it at a local tailor. There is a video on the USIA site to guide you. When I spoke to the lovely woman at USIA, on the telephone, she walked me through how my custom suit would be made. I sent in my own pockets to be installed.

The prices are VERY reasonable for their sutis, and honestly, I have never seen better value for money. The Techniflex is an incredible suit for the money. I compare it to the DUI CLX suit but it has some additional features. But it costs half what the DUI does.

As for pricing going up with each addition on the suit, that's true only to a point. I was absolutely STUNNED when USIA told me that after my few customiztions, I was now into a fully custom suit. I asked the price and my jaw hit the floor. Based on my quote, I recommend to ANYONE buying a USIA suit that they just get it made to measure. The cost differential was nearly negligible. The customizations I needed on the TLS350 I had considered nearly doubled the price of the suit.

By the way, their undergarments aren't bad either....

USIA has a reputation as a good values for the money. (The Pinnacle Evo 2 also, to some degree.) I also like that they are somewhat local to me... Thanks for the feedback.

The Pinnacle Evo2 and the Techniflex were my top 2 choices in suits. Pinnacle lost the sale with me because they refused to install custom pockets for me, or even send me a suit without pockets so I could install my own. Their loss was USIA's gain. I got a comparable if not better suit for less money, with my pockets, and I got it custom cut.

The Pinnacle is a fine suit though, my hands were just too big for the smallish pockets.

Hey, good to hear my top 2 were yours as well. :) What pockets did you use, anyway?

I bought two of the Halcyon Explorer pockets. These certainly won't be right for everyone, but they had several features I was looking for. They are large, have a fabric partition in them, have bungee loops so I can clip all my stuff off with double-enders, and the pocket flap has a zippered compartment where I can carry my arrows/cookies, and other small items. Halcyon, Oxycheq, DUI, and others make excellent pockets.

I could not have put my spools and backup mask in the Pinnacle pockets, therefore it made it unsuitable. for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom