Hard time finding a wetsuit that fits.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkyAce2004

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys. This is my first post on this board. I recently got certified and im starting to buy all my gear. My local dive shop doesnt have a wetsuit that will fit me, and Ive ordered one off the internet, but it also did not fit.

I live in FL so a 3mm shorty is what im lookin for.
Im 6'1",
260lbs,
44" waist, and a
48" chest.

I do alot of biking, so my leg musscles are rather large. My biggest problem is the wetsuit getting snug on my legs before I can pull it all the way up. Im on a pretty tight budget so I cant spend too much on a suit.

What would you guys recommend I get, and from who?

Thanks!
Mark

:happywave and welcome

i too would suggest the henderson if you cant get a custom made

cheers and happy diving! let us know how you go!!

Henderson is adding a variety of colors for DEMA this year, however they won't be available until the middle or end of October.

For your build, don't mess around just get a custom suit made. You will never regret it.
Dave

If you go all out and order a custom suit, consider a 3/2. That's a 3mm full suit and a 2mm shorty that can go over the top. It's like getting 3 suits in one. If you get into rig or wreck diving you may find you want to wear the full suit due to abrassion protection. The shorty is great for long dives on a Florida reef but it's not full protection against stings or cuts. Since you are looking at custom, it's something to consider.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Ace,
I'm 6' 240 lbs and I have a Henderson Hyperstretch that fits me well. I wore it one time and decided to go with a full suit. I would sell it for $175 + shipping.
(retail is $225) PM me if interested

I have also had troubles finding wetsuits that fit. In the past I have gotten a used rental wetsuit from a shop and then gone to a lady that does wetsuit repairs. A couple of times the wetsuit had tears at seams that needed to be changed anyway and the shop practically gave them away. We have a lot of people using wetsuits for kayaking, windsurfing, surfing and kite boarding. I would guess that I Florida there are also a lot of people using wetsuits for similar hobbies. Go to a store that rents gear and find the suit and the shop owners probably know of some one that fixes wetsuits.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom