Waters Temps in Hurghada, Sharm and the Brothers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deniseloves2dive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We have a group leaving for Egypt on 10/4 for a 20 day trip. Our last 7 days will be on a liveaboard in and around the Red Sea. We are getting conflicting reports on current water temperatures. I was wondering if anyone has firsthand knowledge of what they actually are right now and what we might expect in about 3 weeks. I have three worldwide water temp websites and they all show the low to mid 80's (F). We are being told by our contact in Egypt that it is in the mid 70's (F). Help!

Thanks!

If I converted correctly, mid 70's would be about 21°C - that's about as cold as I have ever had it in the Red Sea, and that was in January. This time of year should be warmer unless they have had a very unusual summer, which I am not aware of.
Sorry, can't be any more precise as unfortunately I'm nowhere near the Red Sea at the moment.

In Hurghada and Safaga, water temperature is 26 degrees Celsisus at the moment, and little wind.
I am leaving for Safaga tomorrow and just got this info confirmed by the diving center.

Good dives !

Malène

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom