how much weight???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanicRocks

Reaction score
I'm playing in the pool in the cold...

I usually wear 18 lbs. at sea... I know that fresh water you use less weight... does anyone know how to calculate the amount needed for a pool dive? thanks

Take your total weight (you and all of your gear) before you get wet and divide by 40 or multiply by .026 and remove that much.

Typical saltwater has a specific gravity of about 1.026 and it this property you are reconciling with.

Pete

Figger our your complete weight in fresh water, that would be you and all of your dive trappings and multiply that by .03. Add that much lead and you'll be about right.

the K

Scratched

Figger our your complete weight in fresh water, that would be you and all of your dive trappings and multiply that by .03. Add that much lead and you'll be about right.

the K

But he's going from sea to pool so he will drop weight.

Do what you want with the .004 difference.

I like 1 for 40, it's easy mental math. You total 240, drop 6 pounds and so forth.

DOH ! ! ! !

Nevermind . . . .

the K-onfused

Well, since you have the opportunity to play in the pool, I'd do this backwards and recalculate the fresh water weight requirements and add a couple next time you head out to the salt.

Rachel

Back
Top Bottom