equipment parts and repair manuals??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrmiah

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are their any scuba equipment manufacturers that do not require you to be a dealer of their product to have access to parts and repair manuals for their stuff?

For example if a dive charter that is not a shop/store wants to repair and maintain the 10 regulators they purchase themselves.

Thanks in advance.

Dive Rite is one of a very few mfgrs that support customers who want access to manuals and parts. Check out Dive Rite Express for manuals online.

it really is a bunch of bull****. imagine if a car company did not allow you to buy parts for your car.

I suspect I'll be griping about this in the near future as I'm really interested in learning how to service my own regs. I see rebuild kits on ebay, so it can't be too hard to get parts for most common regs. I've also heard its much easier to get parts outside of the U.S. but I don't know if that's true.

Zeagle, DiveRite, and Salvo.

We can sell parts for any reg we carry. If you put them in, the responsibility is yours - so I don't think it's as much of a liability issue as it is that shops want the labor.

I also have PDF manuals for most the majors.

We can sell parts for any reg we carry. If you put them in, the responsibility is yours - so I don't think it's as much of a liability issue as it is that shops want the labor.

What is the price of a Zeagle DSV (purchased from you) rebuild kit, and how can I access the manuals and rebuild kits?

you sell poseidon xstream parts???

not surprising considering the litigious society we live in.

I don't believe that is it at all. I believe it is simply the dive gear mfgrs & distributors try to force you to msupport their distorbution network and weak consumer protection law that allow such activity.

Back
Top Bottom