Open Water Diver in Sharm or Marsa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cabosito

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone
I'm thinking about doing my Open Water Diver in Sharm El Sheikh or Marsa Alam (not Hurghada as I've been there and don't like that place too much).

What diving base can you recommend?
I am looking for a place with professional staff, individual support, and preferably small classes.

Any recommendations?
Thanks a lot from Switzerland!

Discarding Hurghada is a very wise decision. Congratulations :)

If you want personalized service, I can give you some contacts in Sinai (Dahab and Sharm) but first you have to specify the suitable dates because these operators/individuals don't work on numbers so will check availability first. The available certification bodies are CMAS, VDST CMAS (German federation), and PADI.

If you want personalized service, I can give you some contacts in Sinai (Dahab and Sharm)
Thanks for your offer!

What about Werner Lau's Oasis in Marsa Alam? Anybody any experiences worth to share with a newbie?

Thx!

I think I would recommend Dahab or Marsa Alam for your OW. Both places offer shore diving wihich I personally would prefer for courses. I am quite fond of the Red Sea Diving Safari camps. I think the camp at Marsa Shagra would be perfect for you. A buddy of mine did his OW there a couple of years ago. Easy shore entry and a very nice house reef.
I've only had one day's diving in Dahab so I can't speak with any authority about it. But I did love the diving there!

Phil

I think the camp at Marsa Shagra would be perfect for you.
Thanks, dude! Marsa Shagra looks great on pictures. Yet it is quite difficult to find some real information about it on the web, like prices and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom