SP MK2 vs MK2+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halocline

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a few annual repair kits on ebay recently, getting ready to learn how to service my own gear. I have a MK2+, and the schematic shows 6 parts for annual replacement; filter, filter retainer, seat, small piston o-ring, large piston o-ring, and an o-ring that looks like it goes inside the yoke retainer. The MK2 kit I bought has only 5 parts; missing the last o-ring I described, which is P/N 01050158.

My questions are: Is there a difference in terms of annual kits between the MK2 and MK2+, will my kit work, and can I just buy an o-ring for that spot, or do I need a different kit?

Thanks!

I bought a few annual repair kits on ebay recently, getting ready to learn how to service my own gear. I have a MK2+, and the schematic shows 6 parts for annual replacement; filter, filter retainer, seat, small piston o-ring, large piston o-ring, and an o-ring that looks like it goes inside the yoke retainer. The MK2 kit I bought has only 5 parts; missing the last o-ring I described, which is P/N 01050158.

My questions are: Is there a difference in terms of annual kits between the MK2 and MK2+, will my kit work, and can I just buy an o-ring for that spot, or do I need a different kit?

Thanks!

Hello Mattboy,

Great to see another convert to the DIY regulator maintenance program. The o-ring that usually goes under a ScubaPro yoke retainer is the same size that goes under a 7/16 plug which is an AS568B-011 (most just use the dash number i.e. -011) So get a Viton or EPDM o-ring 75 to 90 duro, lube with Christo lube and do not forget to use a torque wrench to torque down the retainer 266 in lbs (30 Nm)

One caveat, I am looking at a MK-10 diagram, but the yoke retainer is the same as a MK2, but match up the size just to be sure.

My favorite o-ring source for buying in bulk is:

(I get aviation grade Viton, a bit of overkill, but when you buy in bulk there is not much difference in price.)

O-Rings, Inc. Since 1958

for just a few o-rings
Oxygen-Compatible O-Rings and Lubricant for SCUBA Applications

Good luck,

couv

That yoke nut o-ring on the Mk2/2+ is a -015. Yoke nut o-rings will usually last for about half of forever. If it is not leaking and looks good (no sign of extrusion) I reuse them. But I still have blue and red o-ring in my Scubapro regs. I think the Mk2+ has a 4th LP port and a little different shape to the HP orifice. Trying to made complete sense to what SP puts in kit besides seats, filters, dynamic o-ring, and nyloc nuts/screws can make you go crazy. You'll need a good place to save the extra stuff.

Thanks guys, and since awap is helping me on this venture, we'll have a chance to look it over in person. One quick question, if the HP orifice is a slightly different shape, that doesn't call for a different seat, does it?

Thanks guys, and since awap is helping me on this venture, we'll have a chance to look it over in person. One quick question, if the HP orifice is a slightly different shape, that doesn't call for a different seat, does it?

I'm seeing different seat part numbers but I think they just changed some part # and the seats are the same. It is the same piston part # in both. I just checked my stock and the Kit part # 10.042.041 is the same for both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom