Clark Hill/Lake Thurmond (Augusta, GA) 12/8/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The vis at the lake is clearing up nicely. We had 15' down to about 40' 10' down to the 70' wall and about 7- 8' on the 80' wall. The plane is very clear. We saw a fair bit of fish, some surprisingly deep - cat at 110'. Dive 1 was to 114' for a dive time of 50 min. Second was to 80' for 47 min. We were in 80's (tanks) today. We were able to dive the 80' wall w/o lights. Nice air temps this weekend made the two dives in 7mm wetsuits, hood and gloves fine. Water temp is 57 degrees top to bottom - no real thermoclines. Six of us are hitting the Lake at 1pm Sunday.

Sounds like a fantastic dive. Wish I could have made it but I was still recovering the from the bottle of Jonnie Walker Blue Label and the box of Cubans that my friend from Kuwait brought back with him! :D
:monkeydan

How was your lake dive today?

Glad the lake has cleared up. Now I need to try to get back up there.

Sounds like a fantastic dive. Wish I could have made it but I was still recovering the from the bottle of Jonnie Walker Blue Label and the box of Cubans that my friend from Kuwait brought back with him! :D

Oh, the wages of sin. Don't you know that Walker stuff increases your risk of DCS and the Cubans negatively impact your SAC rate? If I had been there I would have confiscated all of that stuff immediately to keep you in shape for diving. :D

Sunday's dive didn't happen. Between Sat afternoon and Sunday morning all planned participants had other stuff come up.
I have a t-shirt that says "Scuba is Life, the rest is just details." People need to get their priorities in order... :D It's not that I'm addicted to diving. I could quit if I wanted to... well at least for a day or so... as long as the weather wasn't nice... and if I were stranded on an island without a fill station... Yeah, I could quit if
I wanted to...

Glad the lake has cleared up. Now I need to try to get back up there.

Yeah, come join us. It is a little cooler but both the lake and river are in good condition. Sunday a week ago we dove for an 1:30 min. drift in the river. Had about 15' vis. Temp of lake and river is about 57 degrees. We are diving wet (7mm wetsuit, hood and gloves). We are planning on diving again Sat 12/15, probably at 10a.

Yeah, come join us. It is a little cooler but both the lake and river are in good condition. Sunday a week ago we dove for an 1:30 min. drift in the river. Had about 15' vis. Temp of lake and river is about 57 degrees. We are diving wet (7mm wetsuit, hood and gloves). We are planning on diving again Sat 12/15, probably at 10a.

I have to work the 15th. I'm saving my time. Hoping to do another Cave class in January.

Sounds like things are really clearing up. Glad the flip finally happened. I wish I could get up there and see it.

I have to head across the pond for a couple months but hopefully I'll be able to get up there with you guys in Mar or Apr again (if it's not too cold :D).

Mark

Sounds like things are really clearing up. Glad the flip finally happened. I wish I could get up there and see it.

I have to head across the pond for a couple months but hopefully I'll be able to get up there with you guys in Mar or Apr again (if it's not too cold :D).

Mark

Actually you will miss our coldest local diving (Feb). See you in March. Be safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom