Honolulu Marathon & Traffic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Just wanted to give a heads up and remind everyone that 25,000+ people will be running the Honolulu Marathon today and streets will be either blocked or the lanes narrowed from Ala Moana, thru Waikiki, around Diamond Head all the way to and around Hawaii Kai.

My Sweet is running....You Rock! All the best for you.....Muah!

ok, just got back from dropping him off and encountered several road blocks that I had to sweet talk my way thru to get over to the starting area.....Not going to be fun driving in Honolulu today - so if you can, avoid it!!

My Sweet is running....You Rock!

wow, good for him.

I rode 7 miles at a fast pace trying to keep up with JB yesterday and almost died. I finally had to set up my Garmin so he could read my HR from his bike and tell him "I CANNOT GO AT 165/min FOR VERY LONG, YOU ARE KILLIN ME---I AM NOT A MARINE, RIDE AHEAD BY YOURSELF, OR I WILL KEEL OVER"

lol it sucks being out of shape. maybe he thinks I should puke.

No driving for me today, got milk.

Well Roger just called....that would be about 8 some hours (mostly walking) I'd say pretty darn good.

PROUD OF YA!

Well Roger just called....that would be about 8 some hours (mostly walking) I'd say pretty darn good.

PROUD OF YA!

Aloha all, and thanks Justleesa.
WooHoo. its done.
I came in 19,261 out of 27,892 registered, and out of the 20,708 who actually finished the race. Wow my first Marathon done..:D
Yes you can get to Hawaii Kai by foot...LOL
Aloha
Turtleguy9

the question would be would you want to get to Hawaii Kai by foot? :wink:

Some interesting facts about the race:

The youngest runner was 7 years old (there were four in that age group, all boys from Japan) and finished in 6hr 43m

The oldest was 61 (over 150 people in that age group) and needed 4h 53m - this gentleman was from Hawaii

1763 people dropped out for what ever reasons

The first person to cross the finish line was a 30 yo man from Ethiopia and he ran it in 2h 17m. He was first last year too and finished the run in 2h 13m.

There were 10745 men and 9963 women

Great job Roger!

1763 people dropped out for what ever reasons

I used to work with this guy that ran the marathon every year. He started having problems with his knees and he didn't finish his last marathon. He said as he ran down Kalanianaole Highway, he saw saw the street to his neighborhood coming up, took a right and ran home. Got in the shower and went back to bed.

30 yo man from Ethiopia

...why are they such great runners, again?

something about their lungs or anatomy?

I think Africa has some of the best runners.

Glad you made it Roger, any blisters? Blisters stop me on hikes, rides, all kinds of stuff because I go around in slippahs all year and then even when the shoe fits perfectly, it just rubs the skin right off. (thats my excuse and I'm stickin to it)

I wonder if onfloat ran?

Good job, Roger! I stayed away this year. I'm dog-sitting up on Sierra Drive.

I am wondering, did it rain once, or more on you guys? Was it refreshing or annoying?

Back
Top Bottom