Need advice on a couple BC's...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joeSteve1006

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I'm a new diver and looking to buy gear. I've narrowed it down to two differant BC's and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these BC's. I was looking at the Cressi-Sub Line BC and the Sherwood Magnum BCD(because I have used this one and know what it feels like).
Thanks alot,
Joe

I have the Cressi Aquapro 5R... I absolutely love it. Most descriptions claim that it is a "minimal" weight integrated BC. I am able to fit 20 lbs in it with no problem. The weight pockets aren't like the more popular pull out kind, you just put the weights in and fold the pockets up. The storage pockets are zippered, and are nice and roomy.

It's very comfortable, I like it a lot. I am 6' 180lbs and the M fits me great.

I know it's not the line, but they're similar...

We have the line in our rental gear and I have used it many times. I feel that it is a very nice entry level bc and find it very comfortable. I do not know about the other BC b/c I have never dove that one.
It is a basic BC and does not have a lot of bells and whistles, it does come with 2 hose clips for your gauges and octo.

I have owned several BC in my day and I can say that the best thing to do is dive with it before you buy. Find a shop that will allow you try before you buy or find a couple dive buddies that will let you try their gear. BCs are not cheap and the last thing you want to do is buy something only to find out that it is not what your really want.

Magnum is a great BC for midrange price. Lots of features, metal D rings etc. My wife and I both dive with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom